Dr Khan-Bourne regularly provides reports for legal proceedings in the civil court: personal injury claims (fast and multitrack) and clinical negligence and provides opinions for both claimant and defendant legal teams.
She also carries out detailed mental capacity assessments in relation to Lasting Power of Attorney and Court of Protection as well as, for example, capacity to litigate.
Dr Khan-Bourne trains annually and has the Cardiff University Certificate in Expert Witness Report Writing.
Types of Work
For medico-legal work Dr Khan-Bourne specialises in the following areas
- Acquired brain injuries (traumatic brain injury, head injury, post concussion),
- The dementias.
Medico-Legal Report Preparation Process
Following mutual acceptance of instructions and terms and conditions, an appointment will be arranged for the client usually within 3 weeks although short notice may be possible.
The process will typically include:
- A detailed review of the medical notes,
- Client attendance – comprising:
- clinical interview of both client and significant other,
- administration of neuropsychological assessments regarding cognition, emotion, social functioning and symptom validity/effort. Dr Khan-Bourne has an extensive neuropsychological test library of robust and up to date materials which is regularly updated.
- Typically one complete working day is required for the attendance.
- Preparation of a comprehensive report addressing the issues in the instruction. Reports are typically available within 5 weeks of seeing the client although short notice requests may be accommodated.
Dr Khan-Bourne can attend conference and court as required.
Fees are quoted on a case by case basis. Please contact the office for further details and terms and conditions.
Telephone – 0845 467 1553
Email – Reach me via the contact form